The Miss Blackpool 2013 Grand Final will take place at Blackpool's Norbreck Castle Hotel on Friday 16th August. This is a dazzling black tie event - one of the big nights in the Blackpool social calendar and tickets are on sale now at £35 each.
Yes, members of the general public may attend the Final of Miss Blackpool. We didn't know that either and were very surprised when we found out we could purchase tickets five years ago.
We think it is one of the best evening's out you could possibly wish for. Tickets are selling fast so check out the Miss Blackpool website to find out more.
The finalists - seen here in the photo with reigning Miss Blackpool Kim Braithwaite - are:
Back row left to right: Jessica Bradder, Jemma Kerr, Joanne Walker, Lisa Cox, Joanna Johnson, Charley Dee, Olivia Grundy
Front row: Kerry Capoverde, Vickie Martin, Kendall Rae Knight, Lauren Carr, Leigh Dale, Shannon Marie Hammil, Rebecca Copsey, Kirstie Luxton. (The 16th finalist missing from the photo is Alexandra Robertson). Photo by Paul Breeze.
If you haven't been before and are not sure what to expect, the programme for the evening is roughly as follows:
Drinks upon arrival with live entertainment by vocal duo Candy Blonde
- Table magic by Darren Robinson
- 3 course meal
- Start of the final - introduction of judges and sponsors
- Event compered by Ged Mills and Hayley Kay from Radio Wave
- 1st round - swimsuit round
- 2nd round - club wear provided by Noosa
- 3rd round - evening dresses
- Interval while the judges' marks are gathered together
- Entertainment by guitarist /vocalist Johnny Rox
- Charity raffle draw in aid of Blackpool Polar Bear Multi-Disability Swimming Club
- Announcement of the last 8 - with each being interviewed by the comperes.
- Final judges' deliberations
- Crowning of Miss Blackpool 2013.
For more information about the competition, to see photographs and the judges' marks from the heats, and to buy YOUR tickets for the final, visit the official website: www.missblackpool2013.co.uk